Latest Headlines

Rick Arnish to retire from Pattison group

September 19, 2015 5:01 P.M.
Rick Arnish. (B.C. Association of Broadcasters photo)

Rick Arnish will step down as chair of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group in January.

Arnish, who started at the Broadcast Centre as an announcer trainee in 1969, has announced he’ll retire after 47 years with the company.

He worked as a radio and TV announcer, reporter and sales person before being appointed program director, then was named general manager when Jim Pattison bought the Broadcast Centre.

Arnish was president of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group for 14 years and chair of the company for the past three.

“Of course this was not an easy decision for me to make as our group, our team and the broadcast industry as a whole has been a major part of my whole professional and personal life,” he wrote in a letter to employees, adding it’s time to “fade to black.”

In addition to two radio stations and a TV station at the Broadcast Centre, Pattison owns almost 50 radio stations and two other TV stations.

Arnish has received several broadcast awards and has also been active in the community as chair of the Royal Inland Hospital’s New Century Campaign, among others.

replica love cartier says:
October 20, 2015 03:15pm

This post is great timing for me, as I’m in the market for a new suitcase and have been contemplating something with spinners. The last few times before my old suitcase gave up and died, I cursed only having two wheels because it felt like I was dragging a ton of bricks behind me from the parking lot to the airport. Of course, that’s probably partially my fault for carrying too much, but still – I only take a carry-on, so I don’t feel like it should be so heavy.
replica love cartier http://www.bestcalove.com/fr/aaa-grade-bague-love-cartier-or-gris-copie-de-3-diamants-p-189.html

Emails will not be published

Jim Jesson says:
September 29, 2015 09:59am

Rick - It's been many years since I've seen you but always enjoyed any time we spent together. Congratulations on your accomplishments! You've done so much in your life. Enjoy your retirement and if your ever in Nanaimo please look us up!

Emails will not be published

ted says:
September 19, 2015 10:24pm

congratulations on your retirement, hope you have as many years doing that and enjoying them in the same way.

Emails will not be published

Al Christopherson says:
September 19, 2015 05:19pm

proud of you Rick

Emails will not be published

Louise Hutchinson says:
September 20, 2015 06:55pm

I remember when you first started good luck on your retirement,now who will wake up Santa

Emails will not be published