Latest Headlines

House fire ignited by spilled gasoline

July 27, 2016 4:10 P.M.

Gasoline spilled from a chainsaw is blamed for an afternoon residential fire in North Kamloops.

Two Kamloops Fire Rescue engines responded to the fire in the 100 block of Wilson Street shortly before 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 27. 

A nearby resident said firefighters quickly brought the fire under control, however, there was extensive damage to the house. 

The homeowner was tuning up the chainsaw indoors when a spark ignited gasoline. The man suffered minor injuries and was checked by paramedics at the scene.

Leave a Reply

Emails will not be published