Latest Headlines

Hotel blaze may have started in kitchen

August 10, 2016 12:56 P.M.
Kamloops Fire Rescue responds to Travelodge blaze. (Michael LeBourdais/Twitter)


Columbia Street reopened to traffic Wednesday afternoon, Aug. 10, after Kamloops Fire Rescue responded to a hotel fire believed to have started in the kitchen.

The blaze at the Travelodge, 430 Columbia St., was quickly brought under control after smoke was first spotted on the roof. Initial reports indicated the fire started in the kitchen grease pit. No one was injured.

Traffic in the westbound lane was temporarily closed but at least one lane was expected to reopen early in the afternoon. Motorists were warned to expect delays.


Leave a Reply

Emails will not be published