B.C. Transit says rider feedback has led to improvements in routing that will take effect Sept. 4
The route changes include:
- Route 4 – Pacific Way: An early morning trip will be added to get riders to Thompson Rivers University by 6:47 a.m..
- Route 7 – Aberdeen via Bestwick: A minor route change will be implemented for the downtown portion of the route; a new bus stop will be added on Columbia Street servicing RIH.
- Route 10 – North Shore TRU Express: A mid-afternoon trip will be added at 2:57 p.m. from TRU to the North Shore Exchange.
- Route 13 – Yellowhead: The first trip of the day will leave earlier at 6:57 a.m. from Heffley Creek to better connect with the Route 10 – North Shore TRU Express at the North Shore Exchange.
- Route 14 – Batchelor Heights: An evening trip will be added at 8:22 p.m. from the North Shore Exchange.
HandyDART service will also be increased by 2,000 hours per year, following an agreement signed in August between the City of Kamloops and B.C. Transit. This will help address demand on weekday early afternoons, Saturdays and Sunday mornings.
The changes will have a ripple effect on timing across the system, so riders are advised to consult the new riders’ guide for updated information. They can also call 250-376-1216 or visit www.bctransit.com/kamloops for more information.