Latest Headlines

Electrical motor forced hotel evacuation

August 25, 2016 7:48 A.M.

Smoke that forced the evacuation Wednesday of Hotel 540 was caused by a faulty motor on a service elevator.

The smoke set off fire alarms before 5 p.m. and triggered a rapid response by Kamloops Fire Rescue. Victoria Street between 5th and 6th avenues was temporarily blocked off as firefighters probed the source of the problem.

Rocky Mountaineer passengers, just arrived in the city, were about to check in but were instead treated to an extended tour of the downtown.

Leave a Reply

Emails will not be published