It may be the hottest time of year, but for the next 10 days, Canada Games Aquatic Centre is closed for scheduled maintenance.
The City’s most popular pool will reopen on Monday, Aug. 15, Heidi Ogilvie, aquatics program supervisor, confirmed Thursday.
Fortunately, there’s no shortage of places to cool off in Kamloops:
- Albert McGowan Water Park, 2025 Summit Drive.
- Brock Outdoor Pool, 2470 Fleetwood Avenue (Closed Aug. 5-6 for swim meet).
- McDonald Water Park, 262 King Street.
- Prince Charles Park Wading Pool, 1145 Nicola Street.
- Riverside Park ~ Centennial Water Park, 100 Lorne Street.
- Riverside Park Swimming area, 100 Lorne Street. (Lifeguards on duty 1-5 p.m. daily, depending on weather).
- Westsyde Centennial Water Park, 705 Franklin Road.
Westsyde Pool is undergoing repairs and upgrades for the rest of the year.
Fall aquatic program registration opens on Tuesday, Aug. 16. For the latest information on public swimming schedules, visit: www.kamloops.ca/swim.