Latest Headlines

Bring an umbrella to festival

September 16, 2016 11:47 A.M.
Kayakers enjoy summer weather and fall colours at McConnell Lake.

Best enjoy that blue sky while it lasts Friday, Sept. 16, with weather in the southern Interior taking a turn for the worse through the weekend.

Environment Canada has downgraded its Saturday forecast — much to the consternation of Kamloops Children’s Festival organizers — increasing the risk of showers to 60 percent from 40 percent.

Kamloops Arts Council was hoping for good weather after enduring rain at last year’s festival. They say, however, that they will be equipped with extra canopy for the Riverside Park event.

Umbrellas might be a good idea all around.

After the temperature reaches a comfortable 26 C, clouds are forecast to arrive by late afternoon Friday with winds increasing to 30 km/h.

The forecast calls for Saturday’s high to be 20 C with showers and risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and winds out of the southeast at 20 km/h.

On Sunday, there is again a 60 percent chance of showers, easing to 40 percent by afternoon. The day should be a little cooler, reaching just 18 C.

Clouds on Monday give way to a mix of sun and cloud Tuesday, with those conditions forecast to continue through next week.

Leave a Reply

Emails will not be published