Latest Headlines

Apartment blaze started by grease fire

August 30, 2016 8:18 A.M.

An apartment fire in lower Sahali could have been much more serious had the fire not been brought under control in short order early Tuesday morning.

Kamloops Fire Rescue was able to bring the blaze, at College Heights apartments, 643 McBeth Place, within a few minutes of responding at 12:45 a.m. Flames were licking out of the windows when they arrived.

The fire is believed to have been caused when a grease fire got out of control during some late-night cooking by one of the resident university students. All residents of the building evacuated safely and no one was injured.

Three units sustained damage in the blaze. One of the units was destroyed while the other two have smoke and water damage.

Leave a Reply

Emails will not be published